Tatha Gallery gathers information about individuals in order to provide certain products and services such as: mailing lists and to enable certain functions on this website. We collect analytical information (log files) to better understand how visitors use this website.
We may collect the following information:
· Contact details (such as email address and telephone number)
· Demographic information (such as postcode, preferences, and interests)
· Other information pertaining to surveys and special offers
· Details of your purchase to enable us to process it
· Website usage data
Please note that no credit or debit card details are held by Tatha Gallery
Collecting this data helps Tatha Gallery understand what you are looking for from us, and how we can deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use the data:
· For our own internal records
· To improve the services we provide
· To add personal details to a mailing list (Tatha Gallery uses Mailchimp, an online service to which names & email addresses are uploaded)
· To contact an individual in response to a specific enquiry
· To send an individual promotional emails or mailings about Tatha Gallery services we think might be of interest
· To contact an individual for market research purposes
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the website. We use Google Analytics to analyse anonymous user details from our website which we can then use to make changes to the site’s layout to improve the user experience. They also give us useful information about how visitors use the website and interact with it. Log files do not contain any personal information and cannot access a user’s computer.
Cookies The purpose of a cookie is very similar to that of a log file, except that it is a small file placed on the user’s hard drive that then enables Tatha Gallery’s website to identify the user’s computer as different pages are viewed on Tatha Gallery’s website. Log files give basic information; cookies can give more detailed information.
How Cookies are Used
· Analyse web traffic (by using an analytics package – Google Analytics in this case).
· To recognise if you return to Tatha Gallery's website.
Cookies do not provide Tatha Gallery with access to a user’s computer, or any information about the user other than that which you share with the company.
When an individual provides their details to Tatha Gallery at an exhibition, event, or via Tatha Gallery's website (by registering to our news and events mailing list), they have opted in to receive further details about future exhibitions, events, projects and services provided by Tatha Gallery. If this is the case, and that individual decides they no longer want to be on Tatha Gallery's mailing list/s, they can be unsubscribed or removed easily by:
· Sending an email with their details and a request to be removed from the mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Writing to Tatha Gallery, 1 High Street, Newport on Tay, Fife, DD6 8AB
· Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all Tatha Gallery emailed mailings.
Tatha Gallery will never lease, distribute or sell personal information to third parties unless the owner’s consent has been given or it is required by law.
Any personal information held by Tatha Gallery is stored and processed under the company’s Data Protection Policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Tatha Gallery’s website contains links to other websites. Tatha Gallery has no control of websites outside the www.tathagallery.com domain. If a user provides information to a website to which Tatha Gallery links, Tatha Gallery is not responsible for its protection and privacy. It is good practice to be wary when supplying information to websites and check their data protection and privacy policies fully.